No matter how hard you try, managing the marketing closet can be a real hassle. Any of these sound familiar:
- Reps taking things without notifying you
- A mess left by said reps
- Distribution of promotional items going to unauthorized personnel
- Packing and shipping the myriad of items needed for a tradeshow
- Re-stocking these items when they come back
- Running out of inventory on important items
- Obsolete collateral
- And on and on and on…
These incidents generally lead to an awkward discussion with the culprit or his manager and leave you with a sense of frustration. Worse still, the culprit or culprits will probably be good for a few weeks then go back to not following procedure. Why do they keep doing this?!? You’re not saying they can’t have the items they want. You’re simply requesting procedure be followed to ensure sufficient inventory is in stock and up to date. This eternal battle will rage on until you make a smart move and call a commercial print and fulfillment company.
These companies give you the best of both worlds. They can print all of your marketing material (including promotional products and corporate apparel), store them for you, and provide you and your sales and marketing teams with an easy to use, online ordering system. You’re still in control of what and how many to order but once they are printed, they simply remain with the printer in an environmentally controlled warehouse and shipped out when your team places orders. Some other key features of this service are:
- Digital Asset Management; Digital Library – Archive corporate images, files, logos, documents, artwork, etc. with options to restrict access to approved users.
- Service the needs of Headquarters, Divisions, Regions, Partners, Franchisees, Sales Reps, etc.
- Online Access and Ordering 24/7
- Password Protected for Authorized Users
- Optional Manager Approval Requirements
- Custom Imprint Templates for Variable Data Printing and Print On Demand of Business Cards, Postcards, Brochures, etc.
- Print on Demand (non-inventory items)
- Inventory Management (in-stock items)
- Split Ship Request Capability Online
- Low Inventory Reorder Notifications
- Management Reports
- Group Purchasing Power
As you can see the benefits of this service are impressive. No more cleaning up after people, or running out of items when you really need them. Plus, you clear up some space for an extension to your office! So remember, there is a better way to manage your marketing materials while making everyone happier at the same time. Feel free to call us for more information, we look forward to helping you.